Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ghitorni Ghitorni is offline

Default .docx files have XML components, but what's their use?

I read that if any corruption occurs, slim chances of recovering for 2003
version files. In 2007 you can recover almost fully because the actual file
is in zip format and inside it contains many xml files. But the "file" as
such, .docx is a single file (until unzipped & extracted). Then how can some
corruption save the file, because even in a zip format file, if a small
chunk is gone, you can never open it. Could anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks

DOCX files Stephen Ford[_2_] New Users 9 April 6th 10 09:23 PM
How to see files in .docx? Ghitorni Microsoft Word Help 8 March 6th 10 12:42 PM
How do I get old hyperlinks to look for .docx files? Dino-Dino-UK Microsoft Word Help 1 December 12th 08 01:49 AM
docx files Newbie2007 Microsoft Word Help 1 August 28th 07 05:30 AM
Why doesn't Word 2007 insert scanned TIF files, or DOCX files? Emdub Microsoft Word Help 0 July 17th 07 04:38 PM