Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ecoeng ecoeng is offline

Default merging dates to word doc from excel

On only some occassions, when I attempt to merge a date from an Excel sheet
into a work document I get a number e.g the date 2 Feb 07 in excel merges
into Word Doc as 39115. It does not always happen. I have checked format in
excel - makes no difference anb have used Alt F9 in word (\"@ d MMMM yyyy") -
but no luck. Would appreciate some help on this. Thanks. Andrew
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You probably have "mixed data types" in your date column in Excel - for
further info. and some solutions, see

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm

and in this case, checking/modifying the data in your column or switching
the connection method to DDE will probably work.

Peter Jamieson