Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LurfysMa LurfysMa is offline

Default Can a style inherit font attributes? (Word 2007)

I write a lot of reports. Most of them are done in stages over many
weeks or even months. I have developed a set of templates that include
all of the parts of the final report, with all but the first part
coded as hidden text. As each section is completed, I unhide the text
in that section.

This works very well because it allows me to start work on future
sections while still being able to print the report and have only the
completed sections be printed.

There is just one little problem. I am hoping someone can suggest a
solution.

The problem comes when I add new lines in the hidden (future) sections
of the report. If I add a new line by hitting the Enter key after of
before a Normal paragraph, the new paragraph "inherits" the hidden
setting. If I do this in the unhidden sections, the new text is not
hidden. If I do it in the hidden sections, the new test is hidden.

But if I hit the Enter key at the end of a heading line, the Normal
paragraph that is added always has the hidden attribute set off --
even if the heading had it set on.

I looked at the definitions for the Normal and Heading 1 styles and
they both have the "Style for following paragraph" set to "Normal".

Is there something I can set to get the Heading 1, Heading 2, etc.,
styles to convey the hidden setting the the Normal paragraph that gets
added when I hit the Enter key?

This is for Word 2007.

--
Office 2007 Pro on WinXP