Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cdellert cdellert is offline

Default can I change the review default from "final showing markup" to "fi

can I change the review default from "final showing markup" to "final"? every
time i open a document "Review" is set to "final showing markup". I do not
have Review-Track Changes on when I open the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is a privacy setting to prevent you from inadvertently sending a
document with markup (that you may not want others to see). You can turn off
the privacy setting, but note that it will *only* affect what you see, not
what other people see if they open the document on their machines:

- Click Tools | Options, Security tab. Clear the "Make hidden markup visible
when opening or saving." (Word 2003)

- Click Office button | Word Options. In the Trust Center category, click
the Trust Center Settings button. In the Privacy Options category, clear
"Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving." (Word 2007)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP