Krandall

Default Mail Merge with Hanging File tab Inserts 1/5 11137

We use a Master File list that has all of the Tab Titles or Folder Titles
that we use. How do you mail merge to the Hanging File Tab Inserts template
and have it print the same field on both sides of the tab? For instance
let's say you have the title Bidding. Well you need it to print on the left
and right side of the tab because the tab folds so that the title can be
viewed front and back. But instead it just prints a new column. How do you
fix that?
Peter Jamieson

Can you please tell us
a, which version of Word you are using
b. whether you are using a "label merge" or something else
c. if it's a label merge, which stationery type you are using?

My guess is that what you may need to do is
a. show the "field codes" in Word using Alt-F9
b. if you see a table with { NEXT } fields in two columns, except for the
very first cell (label), you probably need to remove the { NEXT } field in
every cell in column 2. That would mean that the same text would print twice
on each row of labels, and if you then fold the labels from side to side you
will end up with the same text on front and back (sorry, it's not all that
easy to describe this folding stuff without graphics!)

Peter Jamieson.