Altons64

Default How do you enter text onto a scanned document?

I have a form for work that needs to be filled out daily. I want to scan the
document and send it to Word, and then be able to fill it out and print it.
How can I enter text on this document? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
CyberTaz

Hello-

You neeed scanner software that provides OCR as opposed to graphic scanning
and recreate the form in Word, most likely as a table and/form template.
There is scanner software available for scannin forms as editable files, but
it usually has to be purchased separately.

Good Luck |:)

"Altons64" wrote:

I have a form for work that needs to be filled out daily. I want to scan the
document and send it to Word, and then be able to fill it out and print it.
How can I enter text on this document? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ainsworth

From what I know about Word you are not going to be able to accomplish this.
However, as an alternative, you can scan it as an Adobe Acrobat File (.pdf)
and attach form fields over the scanned file, or "image" because that's
essentially what a .pdf file is... You will have to purchase the Adobe
Acrobat 6.0 Professional Edition, or that's what I have used to do this.
This make the .pdf very interactive, etc.
--
Ainsworth

"Altons64" wrote:

I have a form for work that needs to be filled out daily. I want to scan the
document and send it to Word, and then be able to fill it out and print it.
How can I enter text on this document? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

garfield-n-odie

You could scan the blank form into a .jpg or .tif file, insert
the .jpg or .tif into the header of a Word document, format the
..jpg or .tif as "behind text", close the header of the Word
document, and draw text boxes formatted as "in front of text" in
the main document layer where you need to enter text.

The method suggested by Ainsworth is essentially doing the same
thing in Acrobat instead of in Word, but you need the full
version of Acrobat (not just the free Reader) to do it.

Altons64 wrote:

I have a form for work that needs to be filled out daily. I want to scan the
document and send it to Word, and then be able to fill it out and print it.
How can I enter text on this document? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

numbering chapter sub headings c_angler Microsoft Word Help 36 May 17th 05 04:07 PM
How do I change the text in a scanned document Julie New Users 2 May 12th 05 10:10 PM
Paste exact text as formatted in another document? Top Spin New Users 3 January 12th 05 08:17 AM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 03:49 PM
Using Hyperlinks in Mail Merge IF...THEN...ELSE Statements Mark V Mailmerge 8 November 30th 04 02:31 PM