Jeff Byrd

Default Word Form in body of E-mail

I am using Word 2003 and Outlook 2003.

I need to E-mail forms from Word that are mail merged with data from an
Access database. I want them to be easily filled out to encourage a greater
response.

I am trying to e-mail a Word form, in the body of the e-mail, not as an
attachment, that the recipient can hit Reply and fill out, cllick on check
boxes and send back to me. My problem is that when they hit reply and try
to fill it out they can't Tab between fields and as they enter information
they change the entire form.

They merge works well but I need them to be able to fill out the form.

Any Ideas?
--
Jeff Byrd

Anne Troy

Jeff: Outlook's form capability isn't the same as Word's form
capability....incompatible. Also, even if you used an Outlook form, anyone
who doesn't have Outlook won't be able to use it either. Your very best bet
is to consider an online form. Take the user to the online form with a
hyperlink in your email message. From there, you can collect all the
information you want, and have it stored in an online database. YOU can
access that online database from anywhere by having a special login.
Basically, till you would spend the money required to give a common format
(PDF only probably) and work out a way to collect that data into a database,
you might as well pay some PHP programmer to create an online solution for
you.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com