Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve_King_Lvr Steve_King_Lvr is offline

Default Word 2003 interface

I've just gotten the Office 2007 Standard package and I don't like the UI at
all - it is cumbersome and very disappointing to say the least. I'm almost
feeling like I need to be re-trained which is obviously not very productive.

Enough complaining, the real question:

Like Windows XP that had a "classic" view, is there capability in Office
2007 to have the "classic" view or even the "Office 2003" view?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Steve,

There isn't a classic view in Office 2007's ribboned apps.
There are 3rd party ribbon customizers and 'menu addins' starting to come out.

If you used keyboard shortcuts in an earlier version of Word you may find that many of them are unchanged in Word 2007, for example

Alt, T, O = Tools=Options
Alt, F, S = File(Office Button)=Save
Ctrl+B = Bold toggle
F1 = help

===============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

A good welding helmet not only protects your face and eyes from the bright light and sparks of welding, but it also provides comfort and ease of use during long welding sessions. In this article, we will be discussing the best welding helmets on the market today.1. Lincoln Electric Viking 3350 Series https://helmettopia.com/

word Interface Caz Microsoft Word Help 1 December 30th 06 11:39 AM
make 2003 mail merge user-interface the same as 2000 crimsonkng Microsoft Word Help 3 May 11th 06 06:47 PM
MS Word should have MDI (multi-tab) interface. Vishwajit Microsoft Word Help 1 April 10th 06 02:13 PM
word 2003 interface not registerd rfjr Microsoft Word Help 2 March 13th 06 07:34 AM
creating user interface in word 2003 mandy Microsoft Word Help 7 March 30th 05 11:09 PM