Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mike Mike is offline
Banned

Default Change default cell alignment for mailing label?

Using Word 2002 and have someone looking to modify the default cell
alignment for the 5161 label. While it is possible to modify this after the
labels are created, and I can create a custom template with this setting
(the user wants the text top aligned), I have not found a way to set this as
a default when using Word's label feature. It appears the cell formatting
for the labels comes from the Table Normal style, but I cannot figure out
how to edit this, especially just for these labels. Any ideas would be
welcome.

TIA,
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi Mike,

Using Word 2002 and have someone looking to modify the default cell
alignment for the 5161 label. While it is possible to modify this after the
labels are created, and I can create a custom template with this setting
(the user wants the text top aligned), I have not found a way to set this as
a default when using Word's label feature. It appears the cell formatting
for the labels comes from the Table Normal style, but I cannot figure out
how to edit this, especially just for these labels. Any ideas would be
welcome.

No, I don't think this is a function of any table style. I believe the
formatting is applied by the "wizard" that generates the label sheet. And
there's no way to get in there and change the behavior. Your only recourse
would be to write a macro that essentially duplicates the label wizard. (For
example, you could start with you template, have an AutoNew macro that prompts
for the address, then write that information to all the table cells so that the
user has a sheet with all the labels filled in.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)