Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat Kat is offline

Default Document saved as "Final Showing Markup" opens as "Final"

I'm baffled. A coworker wants to send a document with the changes displayed.
No matter what the view when closing the document, it opens in Final with the
changes hidden. I've never seen a document behave this way before. We're on
Word 2002. Any theories?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The recipient may have "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving"
unchecked on the Security tab of Tools | Options. Many users, however,
report that documents with markup open with markup displayed despite
disabling that setting. If you use File | Send To | Mail Recipient (for
Review), I believe it automatically opens with the Reviewing toolbar (and
markup) displayed.

"Kat" wrote in message
I'm baffled. A coworker wants to send a document with the changes

displayed.
No matter what the view when closing the document, it opens in Final with

the
changes hidden. I've never seen a document behave this way before. We're

on
Word 2002. Any theories?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat Kat is offline

Thank you. We're on 2002 though, which doesn't have that option, and this is
happening on my coworker's machine and on mine, even after editing and saving
as a different file name, etc. I've used every trick I know to isolate the
issue, but no luck. In the grand scheme of things, it isn't a huge deal as he
can just ask the client to switch to Final Showing Markup, but it's an
infuriating puzzle that will haunt me until I figure it out.

"Kat" wrote in message
I'm baffled. A coworker wants to send a document with the changes

displayed.
No matter what the view when closing the document, it opens in Final with

the
changes hidden. I've never seen a document behave this way before. We're

on
Word 2002. Any theories?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you sure? I am informed by a user who has Word 2002 that the "Make
hidden markup visible" option is on the Security tab of Tools | Options in
Word 2002.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The recipient may have "Make hidden markup visible when opening or

saving"
unchecked on the Security tab of Tools | Options. Many users, however,
report that documents with markup open with markup displayed despite
disabling that setting. If you use File | Send To | Mail Recipient (for
Review), I believe it automatically opens with the Reviewing toolbar

(and
markup) displayed.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.