Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Maxim Maxim is offline

Default Current Style Control

Hi!

Does anybody know is there a control in MS Word 2007 showing the style of
the text under the cursor? Earlier, I was able to see the current style, but
new "styles gallery" does not scroll to the style under the cursor
automatically. How to get the old control?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi

I share your frustration! This is one of the things I find most irritating
about Word 2007.

Do ctrl-shift-s (that is, the old keyboard shortcut for the styles box from
pre-2007) and you'll see the new Apply Styles thing. Re-size and position to
suit your needs. It will now tell you the current style, more or less.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word