Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Default where is "my collections"

Using Office 2003

Went to insert \ picture \ clip art and found one I want to use. When I
right clicked the clip art and selected to "make it available offline," I
got a My collections folder structure into which I could save the clip art.

My only problem is that I cannot find that folder when I now want to insert
\ picture \ from file. Where is that folder along with all its subfolders
located??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer[_2_] Mary Sauer[_2_] is offline

Did you not get a dialogue when you selected "make it available offline?"
Usually the the pictures will go into My Collections or Microsoft Clip Organizer
downloaded clips. These folders are in My Pictures usually.
Select a new image and see where it goes when the dialogue message comes up.
--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"BK" wrote in message
Using Office 2003

Went to insert \ picture \ clip art and found one I want to use. When I
right clicked the clip art and selected to "make it available offline," I got
a My collections folder structure into which I could save the clip art.

My only problem is that I cannot find that folder when I now want to insert \
picture \ from file. Where is that folder along with all its subfolders
located??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Here is what happens when I go to INSERT \ PICTURE \ CLIPART:

· I find the clipart I want to use

· Right click it

· Select make available off line

· Then I get a pop up box with a high level folder called MY
COLLECTIONS

· One of the subfolders under that is DOWNLOADED CLIPS

· When I click on that folder, I have a long list of categorized
subfolders (animals, backgrounds, etc.)

· I put my clipart into a categorized subfolder like BACKGROUNDS

· Now I am in a Word document or even in an email and I want to
insert a picture

· I click INSERT \ PICTURE \ FROM FILE and navigate to MY PICTURES

· The DOWNLOADED CLIPS folder is available to me, but none of the
subfolders. Because there is some clipart in the DOWNLOADED CLIPS high
level folder, I have access to those, but not to any clipart I put into one
of the subfolders.

"BK" wrote in message
Using Office 2003

Went to insert \ picture \ clip art and found one I want to use. When I
right clicked the clip art and selected to "make it available offline," I
got
a My collections folder structure into which I could save the clip art.

My only problem is that I cannot find that folder when I now want to
insert \
picture \ from file. Where is that folder along with all its subfolders
located??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BK BK is offline

Okay, the mystery is beginning to get solved. To help me experiment, I put
an easily identifiable clipart into one of subfolders. Seems as though it
shows up in the DOWNLOADED CLIPS folder. So even though the subfolder
structure does not show up when I want to insert a picture from file and I
go to Microsoft Clip Organizer, all the clips from all the subfolders are
available. Available, just not organized by subfolder category.

Does that make sense???

"BK" wrote in message
Using Office 2003

Went to insert \ picture \ clip art and found one I want to use. When I
right clicked the clip art and selected to "make it available offline," I
got a My collections folder structure into which I could save the clip
art.

My only problem is that I cannot find that folder when I now want to
insert \ picture \ from file. Where is that folder along with all its
subfolders located??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If these subfolders mirror folders in the collection at large, you might
look for them there. I suspect the folders in the Downloaded Clips folder
are an artifact (similar to My Documents). Also, when you search for a given
file using the Clip Art task pane, if you use a search term that is one of
the keywords for the clip, Word should find it wherever it is.

http://word.mvps.org