Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
BSK

Default Bullet Point and Numbering Formatting

I have a problem with bullet point and numbering "outline" format that I
cannot figure out. When I assign a default bullet point or numbering
"outline" style to a list, it does not change levels when I hit tab like it
did originally.

For as long as i have used bullet points and numbering in word, powerpoint,
etc., when I hit tab key, the cursor would indent and assign next level
settings (ie level 1, tab would bring up level 2, such as lines below):

1) "first line typed here", key return
(brings up this line)
2)
Then if hitting tab key, the line would change to something like
a)

this no longer happens. now if i hit tab key, it just tabs over.

Any ideas???????????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Margaret Aldis

Select Tools Autocorrect Options and the AutoFormat As You Type tab.

Check the "Set left and first indent with tabs and backspaces" box.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP