Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
songinthedark

Default headers and footers and section breaks

We use multiple Next page section breaks and switch from Portrait to
Landscape in our reports. The headers and footers are set up with text on
the left, the middle and the right. When we switch from Portrait to
Landscape (or vice versa) the header/footer retains the margins and tabs from
the previous section so we have to turn off the Same as Previous and reset
the margins and tabs. The footers are ALWAYS changed between review cycles
so it is time consuming to update the individual 50+ sections rather than
changing it once and "hooray" all sections are updated. What are we doing
wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

What you're doing wrong is either or both of --

1. changing the footers between review cycles, or
2. persisting with a document design that uses different footers for
portrait and landscape.

Either change your process to eliminate 1 or redesign your layout to
eliminate 2. Or both.