jsvlad jsvlad is offline
Junior Member

Default MS word help: Heading 1,2 -- Char2?

MS word help: Heading 1,2 -- Char2?

Hi everybody
Here is a description of my problem:

I made a giant review of pathology in MS word 2003 and I made it like this..

-------
1. Heading 1

general description of heading 1

a. heading 2

detailed description of heading 2 that goes for a few lines.

Heading 3
occassionally there is something important under heading 3 that i want to stand out.

----

For some reason, the heading 1 got switched to Char3 and heading 2 got switched to Char2 under "styles and formatting".

i just noticed it now when i clicked on update table of contents.
i've been working for a few hours and i dont know how to fix it. i do want to update my table of contents.

QUESTION ***
how do i make MS word recognize the correct Heading 1,2,3.

Thank you
Jason
jsvlad@gmail
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Take a look at the 'Removing "Char" styles from a document' section in the
article at http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MyFavTip.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP