Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nuttie netballer[_2_] nuttie netballer[_2_] is offline

Default quick access toolbar

Word 2007 ..... a colleague has set up an Electronic Letter document that
shows our company logo and footer info (dont ask me how he has done this ...
too complicated for me !!) I have inserted relevant information into middle
of this document which happens to be our fax information. I want to add the
whole of this document onto the Quick Access Toolbar. Only way I can think
to do this is as a macro. However, when I record the macro the top and tail
of this doc (i.e. electronic letter bit) does not come out on macro. Does
anyone have any ideas? Is a macro the best way to add it to the Quick Access
Toolbar?

Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't need a macro; you need a template. Although
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm was not
written for Word 2007, the principles are still the same.

"nuttie netballer" wrote in
message ...
Word 2007 ..... a colleague has set up an Electronic Letter document that
shows our company logo and footer info (dont ask me how he has done this
too complicated for me !!) I have inserted relevant information into
middle
of this document which happens to be our fax information. I want to add
the
whole of this document onto the Quick Access Toolbar. Only way I can
think
to do this is as a macro. However, when I record the macro the top and
tail
of this doc (i.e. electronic letter bit) does not come out on macro. Does
anyone have any ideas? Is a macro the best way to add it to the Quick
Access
Toolbar?

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nuttie netballer[_2_] nuttie netballer[_2_] is offline

Many thanks for your reply.
Now ... how do I add a template to the quick access toolbar please?

You will need to spell this one out for me !!!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't. You access the template from the New dialog, and you can add a
button for that to the QAT.

"nuttie netballer" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nuttie netballer[_2_] nuttie netballer[_2_] is offline

Sorry to be a pain .... whats New dialog?? where do I find this? maybe I've
created a template incorrectly because I cannot find this !!
Any chance you can break this down into idiot form for me???
Many thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The New command provides access to the Office Button New command. Right
Click the QAT Customize the Quick Access Toolbar. New is in the Popular
group.

If you want the template itself on the QAT, you need a macro

Sub MyTemplate()
Documents.Add Template:="D:\Word 2007 Template Path\Templatename.dotm"
End Sub

substitute your template and path for that shown, then add the macro to the
QAT.

nuttie netballer wrote:
Sorry to be a pain .... whats New dialog?? where do I find this?
maybe I've created a template incorrectly because I cannot find this
!!

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nuttie netballer[_2_] nuttie netballer[_2_] is offline

Thanks for all your advice .... however, I cannot manage to put a template
onto the quick access toolbar - just cannot work it out !! Will have to go
round the houses and do it the old fashion way!!

Thanks anyway.

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you are trying to add a button that creates documents based on a
particular template, you will have to use a macro, attached to a button on
the QAT, as suggested by Graham earlier in this thread.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP