Default The StyleRef in the header gets last in paragraph not on page

Please forgive if this is a repost. I'm not confident the previous went
through.
So I have a document that has multiple character styles in each
paragraph. I want to reference the first one on the even pages (easy)
and the last one to show up on the odd pages (hard).
It's hard because word searches "up from the bottom", but doesn't start
where it is breaking the page, it starts at the bottom of the last
paragraph started on page2 and gets that character style.
This is particularly frustrating when the paragraph is continued on
page 3 (and, you know what happens...)--the odd page header picks up
the first reference, which is sequentially BEFORE the header on page 2.
Is there a way to get the REAL last styleref on the page, and not just
the last in the paragraph?

Klaus Linke

See your other post in this group

Klaus