Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
churchlady

Default Word Text box resize causes other boxes to disappear

I create a newsletter with text boxes in Word, been doing it this way for
years, suddenly this weird quirk has developed. I just try to move a box a
little bit left or right, or resize it a little bit, and neighboring boxes
just bounce into nowhere. I have to undo to get them back. This is making
the document unworkable. Ideas anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
churchlady

Thank you for telling me about the options under the Advanced button in
layout. Allow overlapping was checked. Distance from text was 0 for top and
botton and 0.13 for left and right. I tried fiddling with the numbers but
could not solve the problem: when I changed the text box (2nd column on page
5) the two columns on page 6 still vanish.

Could you please tell me what the ideal other settings are for a page with
two columns created by side by side text boxes? (Which Wrapping style,
absolute position, etc.) Thanks.

Robin Morris

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Format | Text Box | Layout | Advanced, check the "Distance from text"
(Wrapping tab). Also, the "Allow overlap" check box (Picture Position tab)
may be important.

"churchlady" wrote in message
I create a newsletter with text boxes in Word, been doing it this way for
years, suddenly this weird quirk has developed. I just try to move a box

little bit left or right, or resize it a little bit, and neighboring boxes
just bounce into nowhere. I have to undo to get them back. This is

making
the document unworkable. Ideas anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I rarely use text boxes at all, so I'm afraid I can't be much help. I
usually just use newspaper-style columns instead. You might try using
newspaper-style columns and then anchoring a text box to a text paragraph in
each column.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In Format | Text Box | Layout | Advanced, check the "Distance from

text"
(Wrapping tab). Also, the "Allow overlap" check box (Picture Position

tab)
may be important.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"churchlady" wrote in message
I create a newsletter with text boxes in Word, been doing it this way

for
years, suddenly this weird quirk has developed. I just try to move a

box
little bit left or right, or resize it a little bit, and neighboring

boxes
just bounce into nowhere. I have to undo to get them back. This is

making
the document unworkable. Ideas anyone?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
churchlady

I figured out the problem! The boxes that were bouncing off into the ozone
were set at layout "in front of text" instead of "square." When I switched
it, they stopped disappearing. Phew. (It would have been a pain to reformat
everything into columns.)