Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mimestra

Default 2.5 margins

Can someone pls help me understand 2.5 left and right
margins..........when i go into page set up and set my left and right
margin to 2.5 it puts all my text WAY into the middle of the page, way
too far, what am I doing wrong as this CANT be right.......

any help HUGELY appreciated

also how do you do hangin margins?

--
mimestra
Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel

What units are you working in? -- 2.5 cubits?

What's a hangin margin? (Assuming you're not talking about arbitrage.)

"mimestra" wrote in message

Can someone pls help me understand 2.5 left and right
margins..........when i go into page set up and set my left and right
margin to 2.5 it puts all my text WAY into the middle of the page, way
too far, what am I doing wrong as this CANT be right.......

any help HUGELY appreciated

also how do you do hangin margins?

--
mimestra
Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If the unit of measurement is inches (the U.S. default), then this gives you
a total of 5" margins out of the 8.5" width of U.S. Letter, leaving only
3.5" between margins. If that is not what you want, perhaps you need to
change the unit of measurement to cm or use 1" margins.

There is no such thing as a "hanging margin," but look for "hanging indent"
in Word's Help (or the Format | Paragraph dialog or on the ruler; see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingRulers.htm).