Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Paintless

Default format painter

Format painter quit working in Office 2003 Pro today. This is where I want
to go: What can you tell me about Format Painter quitting all of a sudden?
Also, on a related note, why will the document lose formatting after a few
changes? Such occurred once last week, but is now acute. That is, one or
two edits or attempted reformats cause global formatting changes like
losing/changing page fonts, losing page box outline, losing headers and
footers and such. My administrator reloaded O2003P to no effect whatsosever.
O2003P is running on W2000 Pro, which does not appear to exhibit any new
effects. What may I do to remedy this situation? Any help will be
appreciated. Thank You.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Can you still use Ctrl+Shift+C and Ctrl+Shift+V to copy and paste
formatting? Are you sure you're not opening the document using the "Recover
Text from Any File" setting? Are you viewing the document in Print Layout
view? If it's in Normal view, do you possibly have "Draft font" enabled
(Tools | Options | View). If none of the above suggestions bears any fruit,
possibly the document is corrupt; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.