Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daryl Daryl is offline

Default I did not get Outlook 2007 with my Office 2007 Trial Version.

Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial. It is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove Programs.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett Tom Willett is offline

What version of Office did you download?

"Daryl" wrote in message
| Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial. It
is
| "Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daryl Daryl is offline

Small Business

"Daryl" wrote in message
| Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial. It
is
| "Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Confusingly, many SKUs of Office 2007 do not include Outlook. Someone
somewhere must have some rationale for this, but no one I have talked to can
figure out the reasoning. It's understandable that large corporate networks
might be using Exchange, but small business?

"Daryl" wrote in message
Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial. It

is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daryl Daryl is offline

The comparison chart indicates both Small Business and Professional have
Outlook 2007?????
Who Knows

"Daryl" wrote in message
Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial. It

is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In that case, it should be included, but what is actually listed is Outlook
2007 with Business Contact Manager, and there have been reports that BCM is
all that's included. In either case, the chart is confusing, the choice of
products included is confusing, and all this has been reported and discussed
with the MS product team, so I think they're aware of the issues, at least.
At any rate, if you can't find Outlook, look for BCM and hope that it
includes Outlook.

BTW, I assume you're talking about the chart at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...35841033.aspx?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Confusingly, many SKUs of Office 2007 do not include Outlook. Someone
somewhere must have some rationale for this, but no one I have talked to

can
figure out the reasoning. It's understandable that large corporate

networks
might be using Exchange, but small business?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Daryl" wrote in message
Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial.

It
is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove

Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Is Outlook 2003 still installed?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

:

"Daryl" wrote in message
Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial.

It
is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove

Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

That's the problem. You need to remove Outlook 2003, and then launch the
2007 setup program again to add Outlook 2007 (please do NOT uninstall
2007).

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

"Daryl" wrote in message
Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial.
It
is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove
Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daryl Daryl is offline

you were correct. However, now that i have updated to Outlook 2007 i am
concerned about one thing: Will i be able to purchase 2007 before the review
period runs out? Please tell me i will!

Daryl.....BTW: Thanks for the help.

:

"Daryl" wrote in message
Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial.
It
is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove
Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

You can buy it January 30. That should be before the expiration of the
trial period.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

:

"Daryl" wrote in message
Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial.
It
is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove
Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dewaine Dewaine is offline

I have the same issue When I try to remove Outlook 2003 it does not
appear in the add / remove programs folder... any suggestions?

:

:

"Daryl" wrote in message
Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial.
It
is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove
Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Did you check under Office Professional/Standard/etc 2003?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

:

:

"Daryl" wrote in message
Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial.
It
is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove
Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Suzanne,

Only one 2007 Office system suite does not include Outlook 2007, the MS Office 2007 Home and Student Edition.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/su...635841033.aspx
Some functionality of Outlook for that Edition can be 'gained' by using the http://officelive.com, and/or in Windows Vista, Windows
Mail.

MS Office Outlook 2007 Business Contact Manager (BCM) is a separately installed, Small Business tool Add-in for Outlook 2007 and
Outlook is an included prerequisite in the chart. There are, for some Office 2007 trial additions that have two separate download
portions (CD Images) and some folks have tried to install the equivalent of 'CD #2' first.

If Outlook 2007 isn't replaced by an installation of Office 2007 (using the default 'upgrade' choice) it can be due to the previous
version having some possible damage, often from registry or file cleaners, or from deleting, manually files from the \MSOCache or
\Windows\Installer folders at some point in the life of the prior version. These 'issues' may not show up in day to day use of the
products. It can be helpful, when upgrading to Office 2007 to back up files (of course g) but to then try to complete a Detect &
Repair or Repair/Reinstall before proceeding. If the prior version installation is damaged then Office 2007 may not 'see'
accurately what is installed and could then leave older version apps behind.

==============
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
Confusingly, many SKUs of Office 2007 do not include Outlook. Someone
somewhere must have some rationale for this, but no one I have talked to can figure out the reasoning. It's understandable that
large corporate networks might be using Exchange, but small business?

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay, that makes sense. I was going on discussions in the private Office NG
about Outlook vs. Outlook with BCM.

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ted Ted is offline

Outlook did not install when I downloaded the trial program today. I have
uninstalled the Outlook program on my computer, but it is still coming up as
not available on the installation. Any suggestions?
--
Ted

:

:

:

"Daryl" wrote in message
Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial.
It
is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove
Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

So you removed Outlook 2003 and then started the 2007 setup again from
the 2007 ISO/CD? And you still cannot change the red X to something else
by clicking it directly?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

:

:

:

"Daryl" wrote in message
Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial.
It
is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove
Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NGray NGray is offline

Suzanne, I too am having trouble. I read the previous inforation,
uninstalled my outlook 2003 and tried the reinstall of 2007. I still have no
outlook avaliable and I also thought I was getting the Business Contact
Manager (BCM). I would very much like to own 2007 only if I can get outlook
and BCM!
--
NGray

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It turns out that the issue is more complex than expected: Outlook is not
installed with the trial version because it *is* a trial. Here's the
official explanation:

"Because a Trial is a product that is normally installed for temporary use
since it expires, the default behavior is replacement of the 'Upgrade'
button with the 'Install' button. This means that when the user clicks on
the 'Install' button, no legacy Office products are removed (including
Outlook). Since the legacy version of Outlook is not being removed, Outlook
2007 is not installed. [Only one version of Outlook can be installed on a
given system.]"

The same official source writes:

"Because this is a confusing area, I've submitted a request for a KB article
to make it clearer to users what is happening. The KB will explain both the
Trial and non-Trial behaviors. Once the KB is created, I'll request that
this info be provided on the Trial web pages.

"This change in behavior for Office 2007 Trial products should make it
easier
for users to go back to the older version of Office."

This is an unusual situation in that a great many users who are installing
the trial version of Office 2007 have every intention of upgrading when the
retail version is available, so they want to go ahead and upgrade rather
than install side by side with Office 2003, but this is evidently not quite
possible at the moment.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

You should be able to install Outlook 2007 once you removed Outlook 2003
from your computer even with the trial version.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NGray NGray is offline

I tried it again and outlook 2007 is still not avaliable. I don't want the
new office 2007 professional if it does not contain outlook.
--
NGray

"NGray" wrote in message
So when is it going to be available?
--
NGray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Can you verify please that there is no version of Outlook installed on
your computer?
When you run the setup program from the CD, can you pick add or remove
programs and press the X next to Outlook to change it to run from this
computer?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

news

"NGray" wrote in message
So when is it going to be available?
--
NGray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NGray NGray is offline

I really appreciate your helping me on this... Yes. I did exactly as you
suggest before I sent the last transmission. After that I ran the install
for the 2007 and it still showed not available. Now, I did not reboot after
the first step, should I have?
--
NGray

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

news

"NGray" wrote in message
So when is it going to be available?
--
NGray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

A reboot might help.
Try that, run the setup from the CD, and see if you can't change the not
available thing.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

news

"NGray" wrote in message
So when is it going to be available?
--
NGray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NGray NGray is offline

Well, I did reboot. It still shows as unavailable. Do you think I may have
a faulty copy of the download? The suite that I downloaded is the
Professional, maybe I should download the Ultimate.

--
NGray

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

news

"NGray" wrote in message
So when is it going to be available?
--
NGray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NGray NGray is offline

By the way, I looked at the 2007 Microsoft Office system suites "What's in
the box" on your website and it shows Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 as not
included in any of the suites except the Basic, Standard and Professional
Plus 2007, and Enterprise, not Professional.
NGray

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

news

"NGray" wrote in message
So when is it going to be available?
--
NGray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But Microsoft Office Professional 2007 includes Microsoft Office Outlook
2007 with Business Contact Manager. The only version that does not include
Outlook is the "Home & Student" version.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

news

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to
the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"NGray" wrote in message
So when is it going to be available?
--
NGray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Professional does include Outlook. The website is wrong.
Send me a screenshot of the window that shows Outlook as unavailable via
email please (get my email from my website).

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

news

"NGray" wrote in message
So when is it going to be available?
--
NGray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NGray NGray is offline

I still do not have it on my download. I cannot see going with a program
that does not have the very thing I need.

I cannot seem get the help I need to get the oulook running. I have done
all that has been suggested and I truly appreciate it. However, I believe I
am going to back off of 2007 until Microsoft has gotten the bugs out of it.

Thanks again for your help.
--
NGray

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

news

"NGray" wrote in message
So when is it going to be available?
--
NGray

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Keep in mind that what you are using is *not* the retail version but only a
trial, and Outlook was made harder to install for that very reason (as
explained elsewhere in this thread). The retail version (every SKU except
the student version), when available, will definitely include Outlook.

news

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

news

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wannabetechie wannabetechie is offline

I installed Ofc Pro 2007 and selected "Install" rather than "Custom" and as
such it left my Office 2003 apps by default, consequently didn't install
Outlook. I read these posts, went to the control panel add/remove,
uninstalled Outlook Business Contact Mgr 2003 first, then went to MS Office
2003, selected "Change" and unchecked Outlook. That uninstalled Outlook. I
then re-ran the Ofc 07 Pro Set Up, Selected "Custom" where Outlook was Red
X'd, clicked the down arrow and selected "run on this computer" and it
installed fine. Even pulled all of my previous settings and folders
(Exchange) from the 2003 installation. If this doesn't help Daryl maybe it
will help others.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Keep in mind that what you are using is *not* the retail version but only a
trial, and Outlook was made harder to install for that very reason (as
explained elsewhere in this thread). The retail version (every SKU except
the student version), when available, will definitely include Outlook.

news

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

news

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks for the feedback.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Keep in mind that what you are using is *not* the retail version but

only a
trial, and Outlook was made harder to install for that very reason (as
explained elsewhere in this thread). The retail version (every SKU

except
the student version), when available, will definitely include Outlook.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news I still do not have it on my download. I cannot see going with a

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Which confirms what I said, "Microsoft Office Professional 2007

includes
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager."

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my

:

"Patrick Schmid [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roland Roland is offline

Oulook I use exclusively (not express). Downloaded Office 2007 expecting
Outlook 2007 to be part of the program (as posted by Microsoft). Not to be.
After going thru all kinds of bells and whistles trying to get Outl00k 2007,
all to no avail, did the next best thing. Thru Control Panel/add/remove took
Office 2007 off my system, then did a local cleanup of all the the stuff left
my Office 2007 & back to 2003, where I will remain til MS gets off its ass
and gets it right.

"Daryl" wrote:

Should have have gotten Outlook 2007 Trial with my Office 2007 Trial. It is
"Not Available" if I try to add it in "Change" under Add/Remove Programs.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roland Roland is offline

tnks susie. Knowing MS since 1985 there aint no way i am gona uninstall a
fairly good workin program to install one that is still really beta as far as
i am concerned. & yep, after readin all the negatives about outlook not
being available in 2007, i was convinced to do just what i did. Merry Xmas.