Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
OE OE is offline

Default Insert pictures in completed document

I have to create text documents and then insert photographs at various
positions - lined up with the left or right margins within the various
paragraphs. No matter how I insert the pictures, I can't get them to stay
where I want them or to be the size I need them.

Would it be possible to use frames for this rather than just "insert picture
from file"? I have tried this but the picture never fits into the frame.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insert a one cell table of the required dimensions at the locations where
you want the picture to appear and then insert the picture into that cell.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"oe" wrote in message
I have to create text documents and then insert photographs at various
positions - lined up with the left or right margins within the various
paragraphs. No matter how I insert the pictures, I can't get them to stay
where I want them or to be the size I need them.

Would it be possible to use frames for this rather than just "insert
picture from file"? I have tried this but the picture never fits into the
frame.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
OE OE is offline

Thanks, Doug, I have tried that but even when I make the cell height an
exact measurement, the photograph is not resized to fit. Also, when I insert
the table cell into the text, the text does not wrap around the picture in
the cell.
I am obviously missing something here!

"oe" wrote in message
I have to create text documents and then insert photographs at various
positions - lined up with the left or right margins within the various
paragraphs. No matter how I insert the pictures, I can't get them to stay
where I want them or to be the size I need them.

Would it be possible to use frames for this rather than just "insert
picture from file"? I have tried this but the picture never fits into the
frame.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
OE OE is offline

I have been trying various things and 'googling' help for photos in
paragraphs but have not cracked this one yet. Any help would be much
appreciated.

"oe" wrote in message
I have to create text documents and then insert photographs at various
positions - lined up with the left or right margins within the various
paragraphs. No matter how I insert the pictures, I can't get them to stay
where I want them or to be the size I need them.

Would it be possible to use frames for this rather than just "insert
picture from file"? I have tried this but the picture never fits into
the frame.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
OE OE is offline

Since asking the question, I have done quite a bit of experimenting but
still have not come up with a solution. I would Really appreciate some help,

TIV

"oe" wrote in message
I have to create text documents and then insert photographs at various
positions - lined up with the left or right margins within the various
paragraphs. No matter how I insert the pictures, I can't get them to
stay where I want them or to be the size I need them.

Would it be possible to use frames for this rather than just "insert
picture from file"? I have tried this but the picture never fits into
the frame.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In the table properties dialog, you can set the text wrapping for the table.
As far as sizing the picture is concerned, to do it "automatically", you
would need a macro and the following may help:

'Insert Logo on Title Page
myDoc.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).R ange.Tables(1).Cell(1,
1).Range.Delete
myDoc.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).R ange.Tables(1).Cell(1,
1).Range.InlineShapes.AddPicture _ Filename:=txtLargeLogoPath
'Adjust size of logo to match the avalable space
oheight =
myDoc.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).R ange.Tables(1).Cell(1,
1).Range.InlineShapes(1).Height
owidth =
myDoc.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).R ange.Tables(1).Cell(1,
1).Range.InlineShapes(1).Width
If oheight InchesToPoints(2) Then
With
myDoc.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).R ange.Tables(1).Cell(1,
1).Range.InlineShapes(1)
.Height = InchesToPoints(2)
.Width = owidth * InchesToPoints(2) / oheight
End With
End If
oheight =
myDoc.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).R ange.Tables(1).Cell(1,
1).Range.InlineShapes(1).Height
owidth =
myDoc.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).R ange.Tables(1).Cell(1,
1).Range.InlineShapes(1).Width
If owidth InchesToPoints(2.85) Then
With
myDoc.Sections(1).Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).R ange.Tables(1).Cell(1,
1).Range.InlineShapes(1)
.Width = InchesToPoints(2.85)
.Height = oheight * InchesToPoints(2.85) / owidth
End With
End If