embed an image in a signature

Old February 16th 06, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default embed an image in a signature

How can I embed an image into a signature without having it show up as an
attachment to an email with the paper clip icon in the Inbox? I've seen it
done, but I don't know how.
Old February 16th 06, 02:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For an HTML Signatu

Choose Tools | Options | Mail Format.
Make sure the default format is set to HTML.
Click Signature Picker.
On the Signature Picker dialog, select the signature, then click Edit.
On the Edit Signature dialog, click Advanced Edit. This will open the .html
file for the signature in your system's default HTML editor.
Use your HTML editor's tools to insert a graphic.
Save the file and click OK until you return to Outlook.

For an RTF Signatu

Choose Tools| Options | Mail Format
Make sure the default is set to Rich Text.
Click Signature Picker.
On the Signature Picker dialog, select the signature, then click Edit.
On the Signature Picker dialog, select the Advanced Edit. This will opent
the .rtf file for the signature in your system's default RTF editor, Word or
WordPad.
Use the editor's tools to insert a graphic.
Save the file and click OK until you return to Outlook.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

Old May 1st 06, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I tried this and the RTF method worked well. However, the HTML method still
leaves me with the attachment paperclip assigned to the message. Is there
anyway to eliminate the paperclip with an HTML method? I am running Outlook
2003. Thanks...