Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] stathisgotsis@hotmail.com is offline

Default Word 2003 fields

Hello everyone,

I wonder if there is a solution to the following issues:

1) I complete some text field at one point of a Word Document and the
field is populated throughout the document at different predifined
points.
2) A document includes formulas that perform calculations on numeric
fields like those used in (1).

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For (1), select the text you want repeated, Insert a Bookmark, name
the Bookmark something you can remember (one word, no spaces), and
where you want the info to be repeated, Insert Cross Reference
Bookmark Bookmark text.

On Mar 5, 7:21*am, "
wrote:
Hello everyone,

* *I wonder if there is a solution to the following issues:

1) I complete some text field at one point of a Word Document and the
field is populated throughout the document at different predifined
points.
2) A document includes formulas that perform calculations on numeric
fields like those used in (1).

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Stathis,

To see the kinds of field calculations you can do in Word, check out my Word Field Maths Tutorial, at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showto...#entry365 442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party

--
Cheers
macropod

wrote in message ...
Hello everyone,

I wonder if there is a solution to the following issues:

1) I complete some text field at one point of a Word Document and the
field is populated throughout the document at different predifined
points.
2) A document includes formulas that perform calculations on numeric
fields like those used in (1).

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] stathisgotsis@hotmail.com is offline

On Mar 5, 11:09*pm, "macropod" wrote:
Hi Stathis,

To see the kinds of field calculations you can do in Word, check out my Word Field Maths Tutorial, at:http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showto...65442&#entry36...
orhttp://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party

--
Cheers
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

wrote in ...
Hello everyone,

* I wonder if there is a solution to the following issues:

1) I complete some text field at one point of a Word Document and the
field is populated throughout the document at different predifined
points.
2) A document includes formulas that perform calculations on numeric
fields like those used in (1).

Thanks for any help.- Hide quoted text -

Thank you for your replies. All this was very helpful.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] stathisgotsis@hotmail.com is offline

On Mar 6, 2:40*pm, "
wrote:
[...]

Thank you for your replies. All this was very helpful.- Hide quoted text -

Hello again. Is it possible to include a DocProperty field inside a
Formula field? I tried some options and i could not make this
possible.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Stathis,

Certainly. For example, if you have a DOCPROPERTY field named 'MyVal', the following formula would multiply it by 5:
{=5*{DOCPROPERTY MyVal}}

Note: The field brace pairs (ie '{ }') for the above example are created via Ctrl-F9 - you can't simply type them or copy & paste
them from this message.

--
Cheers
macropod

wrote in message ...
On Mar 6, 2:40 pm, "
wrote:
[...]

Word 2003 Updating Fields SuMi Microsoft Word Help 1 January 15th 09 11:57 PM
Autofilling fields in Word 2003 makocako Microsoft Word Help 3 September 21st 07 09:04 PM
Fields in Word 2003 njmeatball Microsoft Word Help 2 June 24th 07 12:25 AM
Word 2003 form fields Luc New Users 0 June 10th 05 07:33 AM
Defining fields in Word 2003 DannyJ Mailmerge 2 May 17th 05 04:36 PM