Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
csfox csfox is offline

Default Does anyone know how to rotate a text box and text in Word 2007

It looks like Microsoft has taken away the ability to rotate text in Word
2007. Does anyone have suggestions??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm not sure what you mean - document text in Word never could be rotated.
What specific "ability" is it that you believe to be missing?

Shapes containing text can be rotated as previously - by using the Free
Rotate handle of the shape or via rt-click to Format AutoShape Size - as
well as on the Format contextual tab of the Text Box Tools. Rotating the
shape, however, doesn't rotate the text. The tools in PPt & Excel work
differently - perhaps that's what you're recalling.

You can also change the Text Direction on the same tab of the Ribbon I the
Text group. Likewise, in a Table Cell there is a Text Direction option in
the Alignment group on the Layout contextual tab of the Table Tools.

There's also WordArt which can be rotated as always.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/14/09 1:16 PM, in article
, "csfox"
wrote:

It looks like Microsoft has taken away the ability to rotate text in Word
2007. Does anyone have suggestions??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
csfox csfox is offline

Default Does anyone know how to rotate a text box and text in Word 200

I used to be able to put text in a text box and rotate the text box. Doesn't
appear that I can do that any more.

wrote:

It looks like Microsoft has taken away the ability to rotate text in Word
2007. Does anyone have suggestions??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Text boxes cannot be rotated; the text inside the text box can be rotated 90
degrees right or left using the Format | Text Direction command. An
AutoShape containing text can be rotated if you format it with wrapping
other than In Line With Text, but the text will be not rotated and in fact
will not even stay with the shape.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

It looks like Microsoft has taken away the ability to rotate text in
Word
2007. Does anyone have suggestions??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline