Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Globaltech Globaltech is offline

Default How can I get classic (drop down) menus in Word 2007?

What issues will arise if I reinstall W2003 to get drop down menus?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 17:29:02 -0800, Globaltech
wrote:

What issues will arise if I reinstall W2003 to get drop down menus?

Installing Word 2003 won't add menus to Word 2007. You can have both
programs on the same machine simultaneously, but they don't share
menus. (And if you want to do that, uninstall Office 2007 first;
install 2003, and then custom reinstall 2007 and tell it not to remove
2003. Also see
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=762 for a
way to minimize interference between versions.)

If you just want menus in Word 2007, there are third-party add-ins you
can buy. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...mizeribbon.htm for a
couple of reviews.

--