guruto guruto is offline
Junior Member

Default Cant change page width in outline view in mac word 2011?

When in outline view my text only takes up about 1/6 of the screen. I would like to extend my text further on the screen but cant figure out how to do this? Is this even possible in this version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's odd; I only have Word2007, but when I click the middle button
in the upper right (which expands the window to the full screen), the
first line of the paragraph text (if, of course, the paragraph has
enough text in it to occupy a full line) fills the entire width. Did
that work in earlier Mac versions, but not any more?

--
guruto

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Windows versions there is a setting, in the Options dialog box, to have
text wrap to the document window (applies to Draft/Normal and Outline view).
Can you find a similar option for MacWord?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"guruto" wrote in message

When in outline view my text only takes up about 1/6 of the screen. I
would like to extend my text further on the screen but cant figure out
how to do this? Is this even possible in this version?

--
guruto

guruto guruto is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter T. Daniels View Post
That's odd; I only have Word2007, but when I click the middle button
in the upper right (which expands the window to the full screen), the
first line of the paragraph text (if, of course, the paragraph has
enough text in it to occupy a full line) fills the entire width. Did
that work in earlier Mac versions, but not any more?

On Apr 19, 12:52*pm, guruto wrote:
When in outline view my text only takes up about 1/6 of the screen. I
would like to extend my text further on the screen but cant figure out
how to do this? Is this even possible in this version?

--
guruto
I havent tried that on earlier mac versions but expanding the window to fullscreen definitely doesn't resolve the issue in this version.
guruto guruto is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

"guruto" wrote in message

When in outline view my text only takes up about 1/6 of the screen. I
would like to extend my text further on the screen but cant figure out
how to do this? Is this even possible in this version?

--
guruto
Cant find such setting. Even tried to search for it in the word help tool

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Apr 25, 5:26*pm, guruto wrote:
Peter T. Daniels;494228 Wrote:

That's odd; I only have Word2007, but when I click the middle button
in the upper right (which expands the window to the full screen), the
first line of the paragraph text (if, of course, the paragraph has
enough text in it to occupy a full line) fills the entire width. Did
that work in earlier Mac versions, but not any more?

On Apr 19, 12:52*pm, guruto wrote:-
When in outline view my text only takes up about 1/6 of the screen. I
would like to extend my text further on the screen but cant figure out
how to do this? Is this even possible in this version?

--
guruto-

I havent tried that on earlier mac versions but expanding the window to
fullscreen definitely doesn't resolve the issue in this version.

Did you follow Stefan's recommendation?