Zaxest Zaxest is offline
Junior Member

Default How do i automatically get a column of a table filled up after filling up the values

Hi WordBanter community, I currently have a task at hand and i'm not too sure how to solve it.
I would like to automate the rightmost column on the RISK Ratings based on Likelihood and Impact.

For example, under Risk 1, if i were to click "rare" as the likelihood and "insignificant" as the impact both from their own dropdown lists, i would like the risk rating to be automatically filled as "Low" with reference to the colourful table above.

Another example would be if i chose Rare as Likelihood and Catastrophic as the Impact, i would automatically get back the risk rating of Medium on the rightmost column.

Thank you so so much to whoever may have the answer to help me with this task.. 3

Please refer to the screenshot which I've uploaded to see the table which I'm talking about, thank you so much
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This sounds like a task for Excel -- which I know nothing about. I think
you can link an Excel table into a Word document?

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 9:31:06 AM UTC-4, Zaxest wrote:
Hi WordBanter community, I currently have a task at hand and i'm not too
sure how to solve it.
I would like to automate the rightmost column on the RISK Ratings based
on Likelihood and Impact.

For example, under Risk 1, if i were to click "rare" as the likelihood
and "insignificant" as the impact both from their own dropdown lists, i
would like the risk rating to be automatically filled as "Low" with
reference to the colourful table above.

Another example would be if i chose Rare as Likelihood and Catastrophic
as the Impact, i would automatically get back the risk rating of Medium
on the rightmost column.

Thank you so so much to whoever may have the answer to help me with this
task.. 3

Please refer to the screenshot which I've uploaded to see the table
which I'm talking about, thank you so much

|Filename: Screenshot_1.jpg |
|Download: http://www.wordbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=254|