Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAUER Edouard LAUER Edouard is offline

Default Word 2003 document blinking with IE7

Hi,

since we installed Internet Explorer 7 we've following problem (please note
that browse in same window is deactivated):
Open an Internet Explorer Window and use google, then type: filetype:doc
url:www.cssf.lu
Now open the 1st Word document listed in Internet Explorer 7. It should be
opened in a new winword instance.
Now in the Internet Explorer windows click on the second word document.
Instead of coming up the taskbar blinks and only if you click on it then the
2nd Word document opens.
It seems to us that this is a bug since this was not the case in Internet
Explorer 6.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAUER Edouard[_2_] LAUER Edouard[_2_] is offline

Hello,

I've resolved the phenomena list below and it's due to guess what: A
Microsoft update that we've received from our WSUS Server. After deinstalling
this update we could again open in Internet Explorer 2 separate Word
documents without the taskbar flashing orange.
The update implied is: Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2003
(KB954464)
I've tried to called Microsoft support in Belgium about that problem but the
guy was not really pleased about me calling Microsoft support and said I
should look at the newsgroup or pay technical assistance for this problem. He
said that in a not very friendly tone.
What makes me a little sad is that a feature changed without Microsoft
giving any clear details about what they changed with that update and I've
lost 3 days at work for finding out what was making the problem....so no
comment...but Microsoft should test security updates more toroughly....

-- Edi