Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chavetaz chavetaz is offline

Default Wordviewer embebed in browser window

Hi!
I want to try to display a word document in IE window, without using office
suite.
So if office is installed I cant do it with checkbox (browse in same window)
in properties of .doc. but, if only wordviewer is installed this option is
grayed out and documents are opened in new window (not embebed).
I try to modify registry flags but doesnt work.
I think that office install an activex or something that permit this
behavior.
Is any way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chavetaz chavetaz is offline

Please any idea about this? some place to find? some keyword to search? any
help is welcomme!!

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Chavetaz,

You didn't mention your Windows, Word/Viewer or IE versions, but you be able to use the information here to modify the registry from
the guidelines here. The 'trick' is finding the right dword values for different behaviors.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927009?FR=1

Part of trying to check how this works is if someone who posts here happens to have a machine or Virtual machine setup that has only
the MS Word viewer installed and not Word.

Note that the behavior will be only for your machine. You aren't able to control the behavior for opening Word documents for others
who might visit a webpage.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP