MartIx

Default leading headings

A lot of legal documents have a numbered heading in front of each clause such
as:
12. Idemnification: The corporation has the right to...

In order to get those headings included in the numbering and the TOC and to
use them in the Outline, I would like to apply Heading3 style to the heading
part, but not the rest of the line. Is there any way to define Heading3 such
that there is no line break after it, but the next paragraph starts right
after the heading? (may be even automatically separated by a colon)

MartIx

That helps, thx!
I take it that there is no way to include that in the style definition so
that it happens automatically when I enter the text in outline mode, correct?

"MartIx" wrote in message
A lot of legal documents have a numbered heading in front of each clause

such
as:
12. Idemnification: The corporation has the right to...

In order to get those headings included in the numbering and the TOC and

use them in the Outline, I would like to apply Heading3 style to the

heading
part, but not the rest of the line. Is there any way to define Heading3

such
that there is no line break after it, but the next paragraph starts right
after the heading? (may be even automatically separated by a colon)

I don't think so, no.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/RunInSidehead.htm, but note that

in
some versions any method you use is likely to suppress the paragraph

number.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"MartIx" wrote in message
A lot of legal documents have a numbered heading in front of each

clause
such
as:
12. Idemnification: The corporation has the right to...

In order to get those headings included in the numbering and the TOC

and
use them in the Outline, I would like to apply Heading3 style to the

heading
part, but not the rest of the line. Is there any way to define

Heading3
such
that there is no line break after it, but the next paragraph starts

right
after the heading? (may be even automatically separated by a colon)

Adding Hyperlink to documents > 100 pages - Headings Expanded Prob AquaticFarmer Microsoft Word Help 0 July 15th 05 11:42 PM
Side headings C Tate Page Layout 3 June 30th 05 06:01 PM
outline-numbered headings for appendices wlm Microsoft Word Help 1 June 28th 05 09:52 PM
Difficulties with numbered headings Paul Terrano Formatting Long Documents 6 January 20th 05 05:57 PM
Why don't my headings in a 3-web-page word document display as li. Pam Microsoft Word Help 3 January 14th 05 09:38 PM