Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
goliath goliath is offline

Default Locked Document

i was working on some documents, and when i reopened them, and attempted to
modify them i received a message that said "this modification is not allowed
because
the document is locked". I can open up files but cannot modify it or use the
toolbar. I don't know what i did, or how to fix it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe you have a trial version of Office 2003 or 2007, and the trial
period has ended. Or maybe you have not activated your Office software.

What happens if you start Word 2003 and click on Help | Activate
Product, or if you start Word 2007 and click on Office Button | Word
Options | Resources | Activate? If you are already activated, a dialog
box saying so will appear. If you are not activated, the Activation
Wizard will start. If you have an expired trial version, a dialog box
will prompt you to enter a valid product key or convert (purchase a key)
online.

goliath wrote:

i was working on some documents, and when i reopened them, and attempted to
modify them i received a message that said "this modification is not allowed
because
the document is locked". I can open up files but cannot modify it or use the
toolbar. I don't know what i did, or how to fix it.

my word is locked not on a document just locked jean Microsoft Word Help 2 June 5th 06 11:50 AM
my word is showing locked documents...and ive never locked them pandaexpress Microsoft Word Help 4 February 20th 06 04:15 AM
how do I change a diagram that seems locked (document not locked) Dorothy Microsoft Word Help 1 June 30th 05 04:00 PM
document is locked? John New Users 1 February 2nd 05 12:36 AM
locked document Thmastr Microsoft Word Help 1 December 10th 04 01:24 AM