Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K. Walker K. Walker is offline

Default How would you insert the "number of pages" in a header/footer?

I know who to do this with Word 2003, but how do you insert the number of
pages with Word 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

On either the Insert Tab or the Header & Footer Design Tab click the Page
Number button, point to either Top (Header) or Bottom (Footer), then scroll
in the cumbersome list to locate the "Page X of Y" group & pick one... Talk
about going around your a** to get to your elbow :-)

Alternatively you can insert a NumPages field adjacent to the page page
number.

There may be easier ways, but I haven't found 'em yet... still looking!

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"K. Walker" K. wrote in message
I know who to do this with Word 2003, but how do you insert the number of
pages with Word 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K. Walker[_2_] K. Walker[_2_] is offline

Thank you! That was very helpful. Shortly after posting my question, I did
discover a way of doing it, but your way is much easier.