Appointment book...how to design in Word2003

Old August 29th 06, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wendy

Default Appointment book...how to design in Word2003

every year I run around looking for an aoppointment book to fit the hours I
work (usually use week at-a-glance but I really need a full Sat and Sun day
schedule).
I have printshop21....but the idea of putting a time at every line and copy
that to each day...plus it won't let me print to the edge of the page (new
version may).
I need to make a grid, have thicker and thinner lines to sep. hours and 1/4
hour segments and make the lines in shades of grey (something else I can't do
in PS)...if the time spent changing each columns date will be OK in light of
having a book fit to my needs (I say so now anyway)....
I imagine I can have it set in a spiral at Kinkos or something....
can I do this in Word? or is there a better program for it.....

Old August 29th 06, 08:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wendy

The question is can I do this in Word, is there a templet? I don't have the
knowledge to begin and don't know where to start.

Old August 29th 06, 09:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daiya Mitchell

This is doable in Word, but not necessarily most efficient in Word.

For templates, check he
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx

If I were doing this myself, just for printing (and I probably wouldn't
bother), I might start with Excel, and modify the existing grid. So you
might also check Excel templates, should be on the same site.

Re changing the date, I would probably use Fill Series in Excel to create a
list of all the days in a year, and then use the Data Merge function in Word
to generate 365 copies of the grid in a new document, each with the
appropriate day filled in.

But you might also just google for calendar programs, and see if anything
turns up that seems to do what you want. Not sure if there are any out
there.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Old August 29th 06, 10:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF

Doable in Word but hard work. Definitely a task for Excel.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You seem to have defined the problem and worked out the solution, so I'm
not
sure where the question is here.

so
all may benefit.

Old August 30th 06, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Wendy

Thank you...
OK, excel, easier to copy time columns too....One thing I've never figured
out in Excel...how to make sure that my design will fit on a page...Excel
seems to change the shape of it.....in Printshop you're given a "page" size
work area.....so I know what I do had better fit that.....does Excel have a
feature for that? It must, I can't find what it is called....
can I chose the color the grid prints in Excel? I didn't think so.....