How to design labels - e.g. centering text / font / colour?

Old September 23rd 06, 10:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cikko2621

Default How to design labels - e.g. centering text / font / colour?

I would like to create specially designed labels using Word. I already do
this through Herma labels software. But why can't I create labels of my
liking through Word - doing things like changing font type and size, using
bold, italics, etc, maybe adding a colour background, centering instead of
left aligning text, etc. Any help?
Old September 23rd 06, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can. You can change the font and paragraph formatting the Labels dialog
window by selecting text, right-clicking, and choosing Font or Paragraph.
For more complex formatting, click the New Document button, which will give
you a full sheet of labels. They're formatted as a table, so make sure you
have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see the
label boundaries.

Old September 24th 06, 03:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Any chance you have Publisher as part of your Office suite?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Old September 24th 06, 05:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cikko2621

Dear Suzanne,

I am sending you this brief note to say a big 'thank you'. I ended up using
the 'New Document' feature and could even work on creating various labels at
the same time instead of creating one by one, apart from being allowed to
change font, alignment, etc. The only feature that did not work for me is
when I presed a colour background - it did not print out on the label.
Otherwise all features worked brilliantly. Thanks again.

Cikko2621

Old September 24th 06, 06:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

How did you add your color background?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can. You can change the font and paragraph formatting the Labels
dialog
window by selecting text, right-clicking, and choosing Font or Paragraph.
For more complex formatting, click the New Document button, which will
give
you a full sheet of labels. They're formatted as a table, so make sure
you
have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see
the
label boundaries.

so
all may benefit.

Old September 24th 06, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you're using "Background" from the Format | Background command, then this
affects only Web pages. (In Word 2003, you can print it by checking the
"Background colors and images" box on the Print tab of Tools | Options.) To
add color to your labels, try using the Shading Color button on the Tables
and Borders toolbar, or add it directly from the Format | Borders and
Shading dialog.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can. You can change the font and paragraph formatting the Labels

dialog
window by selecting text, right-clicking, and choosing Font or

Paragraph.
For more complex formatting, click the New Document button, which will

give
you a full sheet of labels. They're formatted as a table, so make sure

you
have table gridlines displayed (Table | Show Gridlines) so you can see

the
label boundaries.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Old September 25th 06, 12:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cikko2621

Dear Suzanne,

You're right. I went through the Format / bakground command. I'll try
later the methods you suggest and I'm sure that even the colour background is
going to work. Thanks again.

cikko2621

Old September 25th 06, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cikko2621

Dear Suzanne,

Thanks again. I tried going through directly from the Format / Borders and
Shading dialogue box and it worked perfectly. I could easily also add a
colour background to my labels. So all the functions I wanted are now working.

cikko2621