Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Vespasian Vespasian is offline

Default Content control font colors in template

Hello,

I'm trying to make a Word 2007 template using the Austere (Even page)
header. I am having a problem with the date picker content control found in
that header, the header being a 1 row by 2 column table. One of the two table
cells contains the date picker content control.

If I create a blank document, and insert that header, the date picker places
white text that descibes the date I picked, as desired since the cell fill
color is a darker color. I've changed the cell color, but still want white
text.

The problem is, once I save this header as part of a template, create a new
document based on the template, and choose a date, the default text color is
black. I can't get the white color to stick when changing the date. I can't
seem do it through the table tools, the developer tab options (developer mode
or properties), the home tab font options, or the home tab styles option.
I've tried selecting the default text, the whole control, and in developer
mode, the little date icons that show up on both sides of the default text.

I don't want to have to manually change the text every time I create a
document and choose a date. Does anyone know how I can get this working as
desired?