Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nicole

Default How to set up mixed roman and standard page numbers?

I need to know how to number pages 1-4 in roman numbers (i-iv) and the rest
of my document in standard numbers (1-20). I've tried to insert page numbers
on the pages I needed and it just numbers all pages. It will not separate
roman numbers from standard numbers. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi

At the end of page 4, Insert/Break, Section Break, New Page. Then for section
1 specify roman page numbers, for section 2 arabic with start at 1.
--
Ted