Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AlecJames AlecJames is offline

Default Hyperlink syntax

I'm trying to understand how word locates the target for a hyperlink.

I have 2 word documents doc1 and doc2

One document has links to locations in the other. If the link is specified
as "doc2.doc#location2" word seems to search for a bookmark called location2
and jump to it, if its not found it searches for text location2 and jumps to
it and if thats not found it jumps to the top of doc2.

I can't find where this #tag functionality is defined. Is #tag the only
syntax available?

Is there a way to target a paragraph number? (I tried doc2.doc#3.2 where 3.2
was a valid para number and it didn't work).

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The # works only for bookmarks. You will need to bookmark the paragraph you
want to target.

http://word.mvps.org

Syntax alex Mailmerge 3 November 28th 07 07:09 AM
mailto: hyperlink syntax to embed a subject line? Rokcet Scientist Microsoft Word Help 10 June 8th 07 03:09 PM
Find syntax for /*..........*/ ? Tadwick Microsoft Word Help 2 December 1st 06 04:31 AM
syntax to write two or more than file paths in hyperlink base Word Genreal Questions Microsoft Word Help 1 June 21st 06 06:23 AM
Macro Syntax GregR New Users 2 May 2nd 05 06:43 PM