Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paddy[_2_] Paddy[_2_] is offline

Default Table - protecting cells

I have a couple of documents from others including tables. These tables
have the top row with"headings", that cannot be entered, changed or
selected. It appears that the table can be copy/pasted with the top heading
cells intact and ineditable, the remainder of the cells accessible.

How is this done? I'm using Office 2007, but the documents were produced in
Word 2002 or 2003.

Thanks

Paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It sounds like what you're seeing is the Header Row Repeat feature. This
causes the header row at the top of the table to be repeated on subsequent
pages when the table continues on multiple pages. Click in the table, then,
in the Layout tab, see if Repeat Header Rows is active.

If you want the feature, but simply need to edit the source, then go to the
top of the table on the first page where it appears.

If you don't want the feature, then click it in the Layout tab to turn it
off.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Paddy" wrote in message
I have a couple of documents from others including tables. These tables
have the top row with"headings", that cannot be entered, changed or
selected. It appears that the table can be copy/pasted with the top
heading cells intact and ineditable, the remainder of the cells accessible.

How is this done? I'm using Office 2007, but the documents were produced
in Word 2002 or 2003.

Thanks

Paddy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paddy[_2_] Paddy[_2_] is offline

Thanks, Herb. I'll check it out.

Paddy

"Paddy" wrote in message
I have a couple of documents from others including tables. These
tables have the top row with"headings", that cannot be entered,
changed or selected. It appears that the table can be copy/pasted
with the top heading cells intact and ineditable, the remainder of
the cells accessible. How is this done? I'm using Office 2007, but the
documents were
produced in Word 2002 or 2003.

Thanks

Paddy

Protecting certain cells. FreaKing Tables 3 March 27th 08 10:29 AM
Protecting Specific Cells in a Table AlexGE Microsoft Word Help 3 February 26th 07 07:46 PM
Protecting Cells Baggy Tables 2 March 26th 06 11:45 PM
Protecting certain cells in a table HT New Users 1 September 2nd 05 06:37 AM
protecting cells in a table DeniseD Tables 1 February 10th 05 04:52 PM