Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
print/don't print table lines print/don't print table lines is offline

Default macro for show or not show table grids (faded)

I want to show a grayed table when I work in a document. I want to be able to
print a table on occasion, but still be able to gray it out so it won't
always print - I had a macro for it but lost it and can't find how to do it
again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You will have to describe in detail what was the result of the macro.

Note that you don't have to hide the table gridlines, because they never
print; only table *borders* do.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
I want to show a grayed table when I work in a document. I want to be able
print a table on occasion, but still be able to gray it out so it won't
always print - I had a macro for it but lost it and can't find how to do
it
again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You could accomplish this by applying the Hidden attribute to the table,
then making the appropriate adjustments to Word's settings so that hidden
text is displayed, but not printed.

The location for these settings depends on which version of Word you are
using.

This macro will select the table where the cursor resides and set the
table's font attribute to hidden:

Sub SetTableHidden()
'
' SetTableHidden Macro
'
'
Selection.Tables(1).Select
Selection.Font.Hidden = True
End Sub

It will not turn it gray... it will appear with dotted lines under the text
(when hidden text is set to display).

In Word 2007, you access the display/print hidden text settings in:

Office button - Word Options - Display tab.

In Word 2003, try Tools - Options - View for displaying hidden text (or
not). For printing, see Tools - Options - Print.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

wrote in message
I want to show a grayed table when I work in a document. I want to be able
print a table on occasion, but still be able to gray it out so it won't
always print - I had a macro for it but lost it and can't find how to do
it
again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Not sure if I answered your question.. your subject & message seem to be
saying two different things, so I answered the one in your message.

In Word 2007, toggle gridlines using the View Gridlines tool in the Table
Tools Layout ribbon tab.

In Word 2007, choose Table - Hide (or Show) Gridlines. But, as he said,
gridlines and borders aren't the same thing.