Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
swampy[_2_] swampy[_2_] is offline

Default Word font list

Running Win XP Home
Word 2002

I re-installed the Arial narrow bold font several times just to make sure
that the font file isn't corrupt. I still can't get it to show up as a font
option in Word 2002. How do I solve this problem? I need to use the font
in a Word doc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Do you have a print driver active that is capable of printing that font?
http://www.gmayor.com/where_are_my_fonts.htm

swampy wrote:
Running Win XP Home
Word 2002

I re-installed the Arial narrow bold font several times just to make
sure that the font file isn't corrupt. I still can't get it to show
up as a font option in Word 2002. How do I solve this problem? I
need to use the font in a Word doc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Arial narrow bold will not show up as a separate font if you have other members of the Arial narrow family installed (list fonts by
name in detail view in the Windows control panel). It will be used when you apply the bold attribute to Arial narrow within a Word
document.

This is different than a font such as Arial Rounded MT Bold, which will appear as it doesn't have other family members, but is a
standalone in most installations.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP