Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar

Default change font and size in style didn't affect the text

I want to change the font and size of normal style to change paragraph's
appearance. I do so in format/style/change/format/font
After doing this I expect that paragraphs appear with new setting but they
don't change. Instead Heading 1 style changes.
Am I doing something wrong or there is something strange in my file?
--
Very Truly Yours
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Rasoul

Rasoul Khoshravan Azar wrote:
I want to change the font and size of normal style to change paragraph's
appearance. I do so in format/style/change/format/font
After doing this I expect that paragraphs appear with new setting but they
don't change. Instead Heading 1 style changes.
Am I doing something wrong or there is something strange in my file?

You are undoubtably doing something "wrong", but it's hard to guess from
here. A default Heading 1 style might easily change when you change
Normal, beceause the former builds on the latter. If you see changes in
Heading 1, but not in Normal itself, there's the possibility that you
updated the wrong style, or that your "paragraphs" are not in Normal.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

There could be direct formatting overriding the style settings. After
you've modified the style, what happens if you select the text using
that style and then press Ctrl+SpaceBar? This should reset font
formatting to style.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP