Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Christa Christa is offline

Default downloading own template into FAXES template - Word 2007

Is there any way to download my own fax template - instead of the templates
Office has already downloaded? So, when I open a new doc, I can click on
Faxes, and use my own already created fax cover sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Yes and no
If you save your fax template in the user templates folder (the one that
contains normal.dotm) it will appear in the 'My Templates' group. The first
time you use it it will be added to the recently used templates group from
where it is instantly accessible to create new documents from it.

christa wrote:
Is there any way to download my own fax template - instead of the
templates Office has already downloaded? So, when I open a new doc, I
can click on Faxes, and use my own already created fax cover sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Very soon there will be an article published on the Word MVP FAQ that tells you how with one click you can have the 'original' New Dialog... in Word 2007, bereft of any or all of Microsoft's templates, so that only the default and your personal templates are listed. If you'd like a preview of this, I can send it be email.

Remember this simple interface?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"christa" wrote in message ...
Is there any way to download my own fax template - instead of the templates
Office has already downloaded? So, when I open a new doc, I can click on
Faxes, and use my own already created fax cover sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

And it is still possible to have subfolders within the default folder, each
of which is displayed as a tab. Also, I assume that, as in previous
versions, if you name the subfolder exactly the same as the name on a
built-in tab, the templates placed there will join the MS-supplied templates
on that tab.

http://word.mvps.org

"christa" wrote in message
Is there any way to download my own fax template - instead of the
templates
Office has already downloaded? So, when I open a new doc, I can click on
Faxes, and use my own already created fax cover sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Christa Christa is offline

Thank you, I accidently found this out when I was trying to get the template
into the faxes folder.