Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected] wolf_tracks@invalid.com is offline

Default Grid on the Drawing Canvas?

Is it possible to put a grid on the canvas to position objects?

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Yes. On the Drawing toolbar, choose Draw | Grid and check the box for
"Display gridlines on screen."

http://word.mvps.org

wrote in message
Is it possible to put a grid on the canvas to position objects?

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Yes. On the Drawing toolbar, choose Draw | Grid and check the box for
"Display gridlines on screen."

Ah, good. Thanks. I see it.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

wrote:
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Yes. On the Drawing toolbar, choose Draw | Grid and check the box for
"Display gridlines on screen."

Ah, good. Thanks. I see it.

Another question related to the canvas. How do I put a caption under it?
When I try, it seems determined to put it off to the left margin. Is the
canvas anchored somehow? On this last point, it looks like using format
layout tight with left or right helps free up movement, so I can stick the
canvas on a margin. Well, I seem to be in business. With the canvas on the
left margin, caption fit nicely under it.

A related question. If I put a figure a page ahead of this one, will the
caption (figure #) get updated? Well it did. I'm posting this anyway. :-)

It seems as though canvases get anchored somehow, whereas dropping an image
into the doc doesn't.

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: www.speckledwithstars.net/
nikjem nikjem is offline
Junior Member

You can cover the back of the drawing with charcoal, pastel or soft pencil, then run a stylus or anything hard but blunt (like a teaspoon handle) along the lines of the drawing on the front to transfer it. Tape or clip the drawing in place so it doesn't move as you're doing it.