#1   Report Post  

Question pasting a resume

I made a resume document in Word 2003 and it looks the way I want it to. When I copy and paste it in an online resume it appears all messed up. Will it look like that when a reviewer looks at it or will it look as intended? Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
  #2   Report Post  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tite lines View Post
I made a resume document in Word 2003 and it looks the way I want it to. When I copy and paste it in an online resume it appears all messed up. Will it look like that when a reviewer looks at it or will it look as intended? Am I doing something wrong here? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
I never seen such problem with my resume, it is based on the format of the document in which you are adding your resume, if the document is still in word file then it will look like same as you made, but when the document is in other file format in that particular document then the formatting may change.
  #3   Report Post  

Unfortunately, in general, the website won't retain any of the formatting you've placed in your document. It'll look as you see it now. Shouldn't be too much of an issue, the information is there and it won't just be you having this issue!

Perhaps you are able to attach a copy of the actual file instead? A couple of the sites i've seen allow you to upload files and another does have sections to paste information in.