hawkeyefxr hawkeyefxr is offline
Junior Member

Default Can't print custom size paper

Hi
I am using word 2012 in Win 7, my printer is an HP C5280.

I am trying to print Christmas cards.
I have set a custom size paper but when it tries to print i get a message that the paper size is wrong.
I have tried using A4 paper and positioning the text to fall is the correct place for the cards but still get the same message.

I have loaded the most up to date drivers from HP.

I have done this in year past on this printer but for some reasons it is not working now. I have recently reinstalled win7 and all my apps.
The printer works perfectly on normal A4 paper it just seems to recognise that i have an odd size of paper.

any ideas ??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like a problem for HP, rather than for Word?

On my HP all-in-one [different model number series from yours], if you
poke around in the "Properties" area (that's what Word calls it on the
Print dialog button) long enough, you should find a dropdown with a
very long list of sizes it can handle -- the A's, the B's, some that
seem to be Japan-specific, the US named sizes, and some with
measurements only, no names; and even one called "Custom." If you make
the Page Size in Word agree with one of the Page Sizes the printer can
handle, you won't have to experiment with "Custom" (you probably
wouldn't have to change your dimensions by more than a cm?).

--
hawkeyefxr

hawkeyefxr hawkeyefxr is offline
Junior Member

Thanks for the reply.
I used wordpad in the end and it printed the cards perfectly.
I then tried the envelopes, wordpad would not print these so i went back to word 2010. I had to set the printer to print postcards at a 4*6 setting to get it to print.

There is a lot to be said for choosing the older version of word, i am thinking of uninstalling office 2010 and going back to 2007. They make it flashy looking but it is not easy to use, well i don't think so.