Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Salim Salim is offline

Default Select all headers/footers sections

Dear all,

I have inserted a field in my header/footers sections, and now, I have
updated the field and wonder how to make it update in the corresponding
sections.
I could go in the header/footer of a section, hit Ctrl+a and then F9, but
only the current section is updated and I have a lot of them in my document.

How could I select all sections or is there any other way to do it?

I also have the question about how to make a text reference in the document.
I have the word for example "ID-12345" and it will be really useful to be
able to make a reference to it, displayed with the same word and which could
be updated automatically with F9

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Salim" wrote in message
Dear all,

I have inserted a field in my header/footers sections, and now, I have
updated the field and wonder how to make it update in the corresponding
sections.
I could go in the header/footer of a section, hit Ctrl+a and then F9, but
only the current section is updated and I have a lot of them in my
document.

How could I select all sections or is there any other way to do it?

Switch to Print Preview and back; this should update the fields.

I also have the question about how to make a text reference in the
document.
I have the word for example "ID-12345" and it will be really useful to be
able to make a reference to it, displayed with the same word and which
could
be updated automatically with F9

Bookmark the text and, at the appropriate locations, insert a
cross-reference to the text of that bookmark.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Salim Salim is offline

Hi Stefan,

I feel a little bit stupid now :-)
A lot of thanks for your quick answer I really appreciate.

Kind Regards

Salim

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

"Salim" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad I could help.

(And there's no need to feel stupid.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

"Salim" wrote in message
[...]

stjernerlever stjernerlever is offline
Junior Member

But let's say that I do need to select all sections. I have a document with hundreds of sections, and I want to have the same footer in all of them (the sections are merely there because I keep shifting between writing in one and two columns). So how do I target all sections and write something in their footer?

Headers, Footers and Sections Cycling Dude Page Layout 4 November 9th 06 11:00 PM
Many sections, headers and footers keep on changing shyanita Tables 2 June 28th 06 09:41 AM
Word, Sections, and Headers/Footers Crush T Velour New Users 1 September 5th 05 04:39 PM
Footers/Sections sjenks183 Page Layout 1 June 21st 05 12:03 PM
Template with several sections and different headers and footers Fredrik Eide Nilsen Page Layout 1 March 31st 05 12:17 PM