Dick

Default Adobe PDFMaker and Word 2003

I am upgrading to Windows XP, Office 2003 and FrontPage 2003. When I log onto
Word, I get the following error message:

Microsoft Office Word has detected that your computer has a version of Adobe
Acrobat PDFMaker that is known to cause instabilities in Word 2003. To
resolve this issue, download an update from Adobe Systems' Website.

More Information Continue Anyway Disable Add-In for this Session

I have gone into Add Remove Programs to remove it and the program doesn't
show so that didn't work then in Explore I tried to delete it . . . I get the
message that to remove the program I must go to Add Remove Programs.

Since I am with a Non-Profit group and donations have trickled to nothing, I
can not afford the cost to upgrade the program.

So I am looking for a way to delete the program.

Your help is apprteciated.
--
Dick
Jonathan West

"Dick" wrote in message
[...]

Close Word. In Windows Explorer, go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office\Startup, and move the file PDFMaker.dot out of that folder.

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP