Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SusanBranson SusanBranson is offline

Default delete document history list

When you open word, there is a recent document list that appears - how do I
delete items from it
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you want to delete them all then set tools options general recently
used files to 0, confirm the change, then change it back to the number it
was previously.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm

If you want to selectively delete, then it gets altogether more complicated,
but friend and fellow MVP Greg Maxey has done all the work - see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm