Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
[email protected] a.burckard@gmail.com is offline

Default AVERY Business cards printing error

I have unwillingly been provided with AVERY business card stock and
told to print business cards.

However, same thing that happens with every AVERY product I try to use
it prints wrong. Every row of business cards is closer to the previous
row then the last. The separation between rows shrinks with every row.
So I end up with one row of cards where its aligned properly with the
top of the card and 4 rows of cards where the first line is cut off by
ever greater amounts by the top of card.

I've tried googling the problem but every search is dominated by 'buy
my crap' links for the whole first 10 pages.

Anyone ever been able to fix this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Try printing on plain paper. If the cards are properly aligned, then the
problem is with the printer's paper feed mechanism (which can't handle the
cards). If the problem is still evident with the plain paper, then check to
make sure that the paper size is set correctly (Letter or A4) and that the
label definition is the correct one for that size paper.

wrote in message
I have unwillingly been provided with AVERY business card stock and
told to print business cards.

However, same thing that happens with every AVERY product I try to use
it prints wrong. Every row of business cards is closer to the previous
row then the last. The separation between rows shrinks with every row.
So I end up with one row of cards where its aligned properly with the
top of the card and 4 rows of cards where the first line is cut off by
ever greater amounts by the top of card.

I've tried googling the problem but every search is dominated by 'buy
my crap' links for the whole first 10 pages.

Anyone ever been able to fix this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Also check that you have no header/footer in the normal template and that
there is no scaling option set in the 'zoom' section of the Print dialog.

wrote in message
I have unwillingly been provided with AVERY business card stock and
told to print business cards.

However, same thing that happens with every AVERY product I try to
use it prints wrong. Every row of business cards is closer to the
previous row then the last. The separation between rows shrinks with
every row. So I end up with one row of cards where its aligned
properly with the top of the card and 4 rows of cards where the
first line is cut off by ever greater amounts by the top of card.

I've tried googling the problem but every search is dominated by 'buy
my crap' links for the whole first 10 pages.

Anyone ever been able to fix this problem?

cyberneso11 cyberneso11 is offline
Junior Member

One of the major advantages that wood business cards have over traditional paper business cards is their durability. Our wood veneers are tough; they can be cut to any custom shape or size desired, they can be laser engraved or printed on at a very high resolution, and they can even have custom cutouts. With paper cards, these features could severely damage the structural integrity of the card, but with wood these features are very feasible. a href="https://woodbusinesscard.com/home-dev/p/Custom-Shape-Wood-Business-Cards-p225"Custom Shape Wood Business Cards/a